Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Are You Darkly Dreaming Dexter?: Dexter Intro Video

 I love clips. I love sharing clips. I love learning about new clips to share. So I hope in between my posts for class, I can also share some videos of scenes, trailers, tv intros or whatever it may be to highlight great moments of film making or just cool things.

This one is the intro from the hit show Dexter. I remember catching this my first year at BYU and being absolutely blown away by it. The editing, camerawork, music (from an underrated favorite of mine Rolfe Kent) and tone effectively communicate the conflict of Dexter's serial killer impulses versus his continued struggle to appear normal on the outside. He may want to not use those scary faces from this video though....

Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment